Monday, March 14, 2011

The Botanical Garden

A few weekends ago we went to the Botanical Garden in St. Louis. They were having a Orchid show. I really enjoyed it but lets just say looking at a bunch of Orchids may not be Ideal for babies and men. But overall we had a good time. They were so pretty they looked fake.

My Boys
Apparently the Mayan people really liked/ used Orchids.


Peeking out.
Mayan people

Grant really wanted to Grab ALL the flowers. This is of course frowned upon in all Orchid Grower communities.
Spider Orchid... cool and creepy.






Sculpture at the Gardens
since it is winter there were only a few places actually opened at the Gardens. The indoor jungle section was one of the opened sections. We all really enjoyed it.

Rebbecca and Daniel

Pond with glass sculptures


My favorite plant... the cocoa plant!!
Kissing in front of the holly


2 comments:

Jennifer said...

When Grant's a bit older you'll have to take him to the children's garden there. It'll be a lot of fun for kid and daddy.

Deidra said...

I remember when the botanical garden in DC had an orchid show. I took about 200 pictures. They are so amazing and weird and different. But I can see how it wouldn't be so much fun for men and children! :)

I love escaping winter at a botanical garden-- what a fun outing!